22 March, 2012

Works in Progress

Alien Portrait panels in progress

Alien portraits, in progress

Hen Party in progress

These are a few of the things I'm working on right now.

The Alien Portrait panels are comprised of numerous 5x7 inch paintings, adhered to cradled wood panels that are approx 18 x 24 in x 1.5 in deep.  Once the grout, crackle, and other things have dried well enough that I can start the finishing process, I'll get more pics, (or maybe they'll just be pics of it done and uploaded to my RedBubble.com site, I dunno yet).

Hen Party was began last fall and got put aside when it got too cold to paint outside.  It's a large painting, 48 x 36 in., and there is no place indoors to work on it.  I also went into a drawing phase and didn't paint a lot for awhile but now am back into it.  Now, it's nice to be painting outside again in Phoenix's beautiful weather.  Soon enough it'll be too hot and I'll be back indoors making miniatures and drawings.

This is the weather people love AZ for in winter; days vary from the 60s to 80s, usually not too windy, and the nights cool off so those of us who like a little chill now and then get our fix, too.  I can paint outside in the morning even when the day time highs reach about 100, but anything over that, and it never cools down enough at night, and mornings are still too hot. The paint dries way too fast, it's miserable, etc.  But for now, it's gorgeous.  When I'm working on the patio, feral lovebirds zoom by, and thrashers and doves feed in the yard or drink from the bird bath.  It's quiet and peaceful.  Sometimes I take our cockatiels out in their rolling cages, so they can enjoy it all, too.