24 July, 2012

But what does it mean?

Collage in progress, July 2012.


I've always been fascinated by how a few lines can convey a lot of meaning.  The shape of an eye, the position of a hand, (or wing).  This weekend, while rearranging my drawings prior to making a new collage, I was really entertained by how moving them half an inch this way or that could totally change the apparent meaning.  In one position, the standing figure appears to be comforting the sitting hen.  But most other positions make him appear to be lecturing. The tiny two-headed creature becomes different things depending on its position, too.  It may be a pet, a conscience, who knows?  Regardless where I end up gluing them down, viewers are always welcome to find their own meanings, and I'm intrigued by hearing what they see in my work.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE, ON MY RED BUBBLE SITE
All images, characters, and other work, © Cindy Schnackel, all rights reserved. Please don't pin my stuff to Pinterest, because I'll send a takedown notice and then we'll both be irritated.