21 March, 2013

Peck You! Recycled, Affordable Art

These pieces, which I'll be selling as a set, are mixed media on the halves of a sturdy gift box. The halves of the box are about 8 x 8 inches apiece but not exactly, as the box was not exactly square and one half is just a tiny bit larger, being the lid.  Materials in it include translucent rice paper, acrylic paint, metallic paints, and the word balloons I cut out of old nice stationary and hand lettered them, and collaged them on. 

Besides the originals being available, I digitally combined the two images and made it into a single-image poster for my Red Bubble site too. 

The originals, being recycled and quickly sketched in acrylic paints, will be part of my Affordable Art collection.  The set will be for sale for $50, a great value, as my regular paintings and drawings on more traditional artists surfaces are 4 to 5 times as much for the same size piece.  I enjoy recycling combined with making art, and it's nice to offer some pieces at lower prices, when possible, so I can share original works with more people. We all know that 'trash' lasts a lifetime in a landfill. Why not make it into something if we can.  Well cared for indoors, it should certainly last our lifetimes!