25 May, 2013

Ink in the Living Room

One of my many "mammal" drawings, ink and water on paper, about 5 x 7 in.
Thanks to some very 'neat' Pentel pens, I can now sit in the living room and do ink and wash drawings, without fear of spilling a bottle of ink.  Last weekend, I went to a demo at a local art supply store, for the pens, which come in all sorts of tips from itty bitty points to larger brush pens. The ink is all contained. You CAN make it drip by squeezing it, but it seems relatively easy to keep it from doing that unwanted. 

The water pen, (Aquash), is a brush tip you fill with water, and it is VERY cool and handy.  I love it. You could use it for all sorts of things.  I can get line widths with the brush tip pen that are extremely fine, up to very bold.  Some of the pens have ink that is very water soluble, some are more permanentt.  I've had a lot of fun this week drawing with these, and they really expand my art making territory for ink and wash drawings to anywhere.  I will even take these on the bus.