03 June, 2013

Painting in R. Pela gallery in June; feeding finches

 Below is a link to my Redbubble journal about my show activity in June 2013, (and a few other things!).



Clown Eater
Cindy Schnackel
Acrylic on canvas
40 x 30 in.

I almost feel sorry for that clown. Today, I delivered the painting to R. Pela gallery, and the show opens Friday June 7 at 6 p.m.  Looked like there was a lot of interesting art coming in, and it was nice to see I'm not the only one who finds clowns creepy. Details in the link above.

I've been doing a lot of small drawings, playing with new ink pens, and gearing up to spend the long hot summer indoors painting small works until it's paint-friendly outdoors again. Right now it's about 110 degrees during the day. I finished the Clown Eater before it got so beastly, when it was "only" in the 80s or 90s.

On a different topic, I've been pleased to see gold finches coming to our thistle seed feeder. They discovered it in less than 24 hours and except for the hottest part of the day when most birds seem to seek shade, they can be seen clinging to it and pulling the tiny seeds out through the mesh. They are skittish, and I haven't gotten even a bad snapshot so far! Maybe eventually.