07 February, 2014

Finished a pet portrait

This 48 x 24 in. acrylic painting on canvas went home with its new owner today, along with Cardinal, a small painting I did a couple years ago.  I will be updating my price/inventory lists on my Redbubble page, to reflect that Cardinal is no longer available.

It has been a good winter so far. Not too cold, no bad storms, am making and selling artwork, and we are happy so far with the house we just moved into.  When we moved here, first thing I did was set up essentials to start the bird painting above. Now that it's gone home with its new family, I will finish organizing my studio. Will also be getting out ALL of my artwork for a studio visit later this month by a gallery owner.  One thing I quickly discovered was that I needed a higher work surface.  My old back problems cropped up again when I spent so much time working over a standard folding work table. I need it to be about kitchen counter height, when it's not on an easel.

If you want to read about the process a little, and see some WIPs (work in progress pics), I blogged about it more on my Redbubble page today. http://www.redbubble.com/people/cschnack/journal/11499595-making-of-3-bird-portrait

Something else we did when we first moved in was put up wild bird feeders. Our birds love to watch them, and so do we.  I liked the shadows on the wall behind this otherwise crappy shot of what was probably the first bird to find the feeder in January.





Have a good weekend!

(All work © Cindy Schnackel)